Enjoy a group session working from a vintage clad model. Great way to boost your portfolio and hone your skills.
About this event
ArtEcon Initiative Presents:
First Fridays Figure Drawing / Portraiture @ KLG
Come work in a fun group drawing session using a vintage clad model courtesy of Vintanthro.
3 hr pose with warm up sketches. Work in the medium of your choice: paint, sketch, ipad sketching (no photographs without the permission of the model). First Fridays 6:30 - 9:30pm @ Kehler Liddell Gallery, 873 Whalley Ave, (Westville) New Haven CT 06515.
- $15/per session, suggested donation, to cover model fees and space
- Please register through Eventbrite for each session
- Drop-ins are welcome space provided, registered attendees have priority
- If you are not at class by 6:40 pm, your spot may be given to a drop-in student. If you are running late, please call the gallery number to let us know you are still coming or if you can no longer attend. Please be courteous, this are popular sessions. 203-389-9555
- Sessions are monitored, no instruction provided
- Ages 15 + or accompanied by an adult
- Please bring your own art materials- some easels, drawing boards, and tables available: first-come basis
- Refreshments are welcome
- Classes are held in a large room, proof of vaccination required, masks are suggested are suggested (maximum 12 people)
- Also see our instructor lead Portrait Workshop: Finding Your Confidence With Portraiture. Held on the 3rd Friday of the month, taught by portraitist Heidi Harrington.
Dates 2022 :
- July 1
- August 5
- September 2
- October 7
- November 4
- December 2
This workshop is presented by ArtEcon Initiative, whose mission is to produce low cost, accessible arts and community programs in the Westville-West Rock neighborhoods of New Haven, CT.
Open to residents of all locations.
Workshops made possible with support from the CT Humanities (CTH) SHARP (Sustaining the Humanities through the American Rescue Plan), The Pincus Family Foundation, and the CT Dept of Economic Development of the Arts.